Shadow-Mapper Beta 0.1.0 by Shadow-Link
<kilian_steenman at hotmail.com>
With Shadow-Mapper you can edit the map of GTA: IV.
This program is a public beta, so it may not function as expected. Please ensure you make backups of all files you edit before you save.
- You need to have Java installed
- You need Java(TM) Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6, you can download this from: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jce_policy-6-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer
- Version 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 184.108.40.206 of GTAIV.exe
- Download Java(TM) Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6
- Copy the local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the "Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security" folder (default)
- Go to your GTA IV folder and make sure "read only" is ticked off
- You can now start Shadow-Mapper.exe
- The select install screen will show up
- Click "Add Install" to add the IV installation you want to mod
- Now browse to your IV folder you want to mod and select the GTAIV.exe
- Give it a name
- Select it and click "Select"
- You can now edit the map
For an extended tutorial about how to use this program go to www.shadow-link.nl/?page=shadow_tut
- ZModeler models don't show up
- Selecting water doesn't work properly sometimes
- Selecting cars doesn't work properly sometimes
- No collisions
- Resizing the window doesn't work so don't do it
- Some DXT5 rendering issues
- Alpha issues
Version 0.1.0 -Initial beta release
A very special thanks to (in alphabetical order):
Aru, Cool Fire, DeXx, Gforce, JostVice, listener, Paroxum, REspawn, smokey8808, supermortalhuman, Tim (and everyone I forgot)
who have been invaluable in the research of game code/file formats which made this program possible.
This program is provided "as-is" without any implied warranty or support. Use of modified files during online play may result in being banned. Use at your own risk!