This codebase contains the Nokia Music Windows Phone API.
##Overview The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia phones. The API offers two levels of integration; the simplest and quickest to get going is to use the high-level Launcher Tasks, with more advanced integration available to perform searches and get recommendations within your app.
##License The Nokia Music Windows Phone API is released under the 3-clause license ("New BSD License" or "Modified BSD License") - see https://raw.github.com/nokia-entertainment/wp-api-client/master/LICENSE.txt.
- Install with NuGet - search for nokiamusic or install with Package Manager:
- Download the latest binaries from the Downloads section
The launcher APIs in Windows Phone allow an application to integrate with common operating system tasks such as taking a picture, finding an address or a contact, making a call, or saving a ring tone with very little effort.
With the high-level Launchers, you can perform the following using the new app-to-app APIs that Nokia Music supports on Windows Phone 8:
- Launch the Nokia Music app
- Search for music
- Show Artist details
- Show Gigs nearby
- Show available mixes
- Show product details
- Play a mix
With the lower-level API access, you get more control and can perform the following use cases within your app:
- Search for content
- Get top artists
- Get charts
- Get new releases
- Get a list of genres
- Get albums and tracks by an artist
- Get artist recommendations
- Get a list of available mixes
The documentation for this component is at http://nokia.ly/wpmusicapihelp
We're proud to build on the shoulders of the following giants...
- JSON.Net for JSON parsing
- NUnit for unit testing
- OpenCover and ReportGenerator for unit test coverage
- StyleCop for keeping the code in order
The projects make use of NuGet to install these components at build time.
Tools required to develop
- Visual Studio 2010 for Windows Phone 7 development
- Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Phone 8 development
If you want to contribute to the project, check out the Issues tab.
- Raise an issue
- Suggest a feature for the application
Feeling like writing some code? Why not take the next step:
- Fork the repository
- Make the changes to the codebase
- Send a pull request once you're happy with it
The team will then review the changes, discuss if anything needs to be addressed, and integrate your changes back into the application.