This repo provides several ROS packages for Parallax Eddie Robot (for short EddieBot), where we implements 1) a basic bringup driver for controlling EddieBot; 2) EddieBot navigation stack; 3) Several room segmentation algorithm; 4) EddieBot Gazebo simulation environment; 5) EddieBot ROS-related visualization tools; 6) EddieBot indoor environment sound source localization simulator (for more information above this task, please visit HERE).
SLAM Map Building
Indoor-Environment Sound Source Localization Simulation
Several dependencies are need to be installed before using our EddieBot ROS packages. A more detailed instructions are provided in each package, a brief guideline is listed below:
- eddiebot bringup
- navigation stack
- room segmentation (optional)
- gazebo environment (optional)
- sound source localization simulation (optional)
Note: you do not have to install ALL those dependencies, just install what you need.
3. Usage &Brief Guideline
Here is a brief guideline for you to navigate this repo
- eddiebot implements basic driver for running EddieBot
- eddiebot_apps implements several applications of EddieBot, which includes: 1) EddieBot navigation; 2) SSL simulation; 3) Room segmentation
- eddiebot_simulator implements eddiebot gazebo simulation environment
- eddiebot_viz provides visualization tools, like rviz, for eddiebot application
Almost every package is carefully documented, you can find the installation instructions, the usage instructions, and the frequent Q&A in each individual package. Please navigate this repo and check it out.