Argotify is a french slangifier. A program that transforms any french text into french slang language, using various parameters for different slang styles.
There are many different ways of slang in French, I will try to implement several of them, as best as I can. Here's a list of French slang features I would like to implement:
- Verlan (≈ Pig Latin in English?): cutting the word in two between two syllables and reverse the parts. Example: Ripou is the verlan of Pourri
- Argot words: adding slang words or exclamations like "wesh", "gros", "sisi", "tkt", "tmtc", that are just used as punctuation ("Wesh" is the equivalent of "Yo" in English)
- Simplified writing (SMS): simplifying the writing of words using shortcuts like in English for example when you write sk8 instead of skate
- Poseyyy: emphasizing the endings of words that finish with the sound "é" by adding "eyyyy". Sometimes also duplicating the first syllables in the word, for example here: Poposeyyy (a slang made famous by a strange rapper(?) called Swagg man)
- Other: multiplying the punctuations (typical internet comment writing style), etc ?
The program also includes a range input for every feature so that users can choose its degree in the text transformation.
A version of the program will be created for a text input using a textarea field in an HTML webpage.
For working on French syllables and Verlan slang, I use a small JS package I created called metriques.js.