keeps a record of our wars
This application is designed to accept and parse an outgoing Slack webhook.
Specifically, Warscribe takes a command like
/addwar foo vs bar and appends
bar to a list of comparisons.
It's being used in Devanooga's #holywars Slack channel.
Warscribe is built to store its data in Airtable.
Currently, Warscribe will do one of two things when parsing a command.
It will return its version if the invoked command was
It will add two options to a list of comparisons when they are separated by
/addwar foo vs bar.
You can provide a context for the war by appending a semicolon followed by the extra context, eg.
A few features are planned as soon as I (or others) get time to implement them. Here's an unordered list of them:
- Initiate a war, using a command like
/startwarthat looks for today's war, then initiates it.
- Auto initiate a war at a particular time without requiring a
- Create a poll, using a command like
/pollwarthat generates a poll for today's war.
- Handle polling itself instead of relying on other Slack tools like Simple Poll.
- Closing a poll, using a command like
/closewarwriting the results to Airtable.
- Automatically opening and closing polls without requiring a
- Provide a simple web interface for viewing the current (and previous) war, poll, poll results, etc.