The Alternative Mod Launcher (AML) is a replacement for the default XCOM 2 game launcher.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding AML, you are welcome to join our Discord channel on the "XCOM 2 Modding" server.
- Skips the official XCOM 2 / War of the Chosen launcher
- Mod categories and profiles
- Basic compatibility checks (duplicate ids, class and screenlistener conflicts)
- Basic steam support (details, changelog, unsubscribe)
- Cleans old ModOverride entries from XComEngine.ini
- Can delete unnecessary files to reduce memory footprint
- Configuration editor, change all of a mod's configs from right in the launcher
- Configuration saving, save your changes to disk and directly into your settings file for backup
- Filter on the mod list
- Profile loader will attempt to create groups if the profile contains groups
- Launcher can be run on multiple computers (from Dropbox, etc) and carry all settings over (must reapply saved configs)
- Editable mod descriptions
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later
- 64-bit Windows
- Steam running
Installation / Setup
- Download the zip archive for the desired release.
- Extract all files into a folder of your choice.
- Run the XCOM2 Launcher.exe.
- The launcher should detect game path and mod directory automatically.
- Tools->Import active mods can be used to automatically enable all mods in AML, that are currently enabled according to the game config files.
As a community project, everyone is welcome to contribute. If you are willing to assist in developing and testing AML, please do not hesitate to contact any of the team members on Discord to get involved.
- Reviewing and testing changes from pull requests.
- Resolving open issues.
- Suggesting improvements and finding bugs.
- Creating wiki content (tutorials/guides, common troubleshooting tips, etc)
Released under GPL, due to objectlistview.
If you encounter issues, please consider reporting it. You may want to include the AML.log and/or settings.json files in the issue report. Those files are located in the AML folder.
- The AML Logo is based on the original XCOM 2 logo by Fireaxis and was created by Puma_The_Great.
- The XCOM 2 and War of the Chosen icons are property of Firaxis.