Reddit bot that replies to comments with excerpt from linked wikipedia article or section.
- Responds to comments like "wikibot, what is dancing?" and "wikibot, tell me about enigma machine"
- In-post summoning to keywords. e.g. I guess, OP should add some more ?- Liverwurst -? to the recipe
- Suggest upto 4 related interesting articles
- Deletes on parent commenter command
- Deletes if comment score below threshold
- User blacklist
- Automated subreddit blacklisting on first HTTP 403 encountered
Tested in Python 2.7.6
To install the required dependencies from PyPI, run
pip install -r requirements.txt
from the command line. This will install the
First, with your bot account, create 3 comments where they will not be removed by someone.
- comment with banned users list separated by single newline
- comment with excluded subreddits (without /r/) list separated by single newline
- comment with list of subreddits where bot will only reply to top level (root) comments
- comment with a number indicating total number of posts made by bot. Set 0 at first setup.
Second, You need to create a file called datafile.inf and have following data in it on separate lines:
- reddit bot username
- reddit bot account password
- imgur client id
- ID of comment with banned users list
- ID of comment with excluded subreddits
- ID of comment with root only subreddits
- ID of comment with a number of total number of posts
The file will look something like this:
wikipedia_robot botspassword rt23rnsr2453fop cetagti cefsfs4 cef43fs ce5gd56
This source code is available under a custom licence. See the accompanying file LICENCE.