Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- FEATURE: use XDG_CACHE_HOME to store data instead of $HOME/.kube if available
- FEATURE: introduce KUBECTX_IGNORE_FZF variable to override interactive mode
when fzf is detected (#82)
- FIX: support Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) by detecting kubectx.exe in
PATH when kubectl is not (#96)
- FIX: zsh completion script glitch that printed only two contexts (#81)
- IMPROVED: print errors when kubectl[.exe] is not detected in PATH (#92)
- IMPROVED: better error handling when executed subcommands (like kubectl) fail
- FEATURE: interactive search mode when kubectx and kubens are ran without any
arguments and fzf(1) is detected in PATH. (#71, #74)
- FIX: kubectx -d now doesn't ignore arguments after the first argument. (#75)
- FIX: empty output bug when TERM=vt100 even though NO_COLOR is set. (#57, #73)
- FIX: --help exits with code 0 now. (#69, #72)
- FEATURE: deleting multiple contexts at once with
- FEATURE: customizing colors with KUBECTX_CURRENT_FGCOLOR and KUBECTX_CURRENT_BGCOLOR environment variables.
- FEATURE: disabling colors in output with NO_COLOR environment variable or for non-tty output descriptors.
SECURITY FIX: An issue that made it possible to do arbitrary code execution
through kubens is fixed. A carefully crafted kubeconfig file that contains a
context name with a slash (/) character and a crafted "namespace" field
could cause any writable file to be replaced with arbitrary contents set in,
the "namespace" field, leading to arbitrary code execution when used to
replace contents of executable files.
Since kubectx/kubens are not used in any production systems, this does not
warrant a CVE. Please upgrade your kubens to use the patched version.
FEATURE: Renaming context will now overwrite if the specified name already
exists, through deleting the existing context entry in kubeconfig. (#25)
FEATURE: Deleting context entries in kubeconfig with "kubectx -d NAME" ('.'
for current). This only deletes the context entry and does not touch 'users'
and 'clusters' keys in kubeconfig (and therefore might leak those entries).
Use this only if you do not care about the extra values in your kubeconfig.
- Removed utils.bash: kubectx and kubens can now be used as standalone.
- This is a breaking change for the installation scripts.
- Added fish shell completion support.