I use Tracker for journal keeping, blog staging, link-tracking, logging comments on said links. The UI is a three-column setup (inspired by thinkery.me): tags sorted by frequency, then items, then the item currently being viewed or edited.
Here's what it looks like: tracker.png
- Python 3
- pip3 - to install other dependencies
python3 -m venv ./venv
pip install flask
cat ../config/schema.sqlite3 | sqlite3 ../database/tracker.db
env FLASK_APP=main.py flask run
- Pure AJAX interaction with webserver means backend can be in any language
- Can filter items by one or more tags at a time
- Clicking on an item in the items column shows it as text, clicking again opens it for editing
- Bookmarklet for quickly adding URLs
- When adding an item by URL, the title is fetched by the server, URL stored in the url field, title as the title. Auto-tagged with "url".