GOV.UK document types
This gem contains the "document supertypes" for GOV.UK. Supertypes are groupings of document types.
Long term vision
This gem is used to share the canonical list of supertypes between rummager and publishing-api. We're currently migrating to a new system of indexing where rummager gets all data from the publishing-api (via a message queue). Once that work is completed this repo should be retired and the canonical list should be moved to either govuk-content-schemas for use in the publishing-api, or be moved into publishing-api directly.
How to add a supertype
- Add it to data/supertypes.yml in this gem and release a new version
- Add the supertype in Rummager so that it can be indexed and searched with. Bump the gem in Rummager.
- Add the type to content-schemas
- Add the type to the content-store
- Bump the gem version in publishing-api
How to update a supertype
- Update data/supertypes.yml in this gem and release a new version.
- Bump the gem version in rummager. Rummager's nightly re-indexing will pick up your changes.
- Bump the gem version in publishing-api. All documents have to be sent to the content-store again for your changes to be picked up.
Running the test suite
bundle exec rake