Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Amber wiki!
- Getting Started, quick info on how to get up and running.
- FAQ, collection of frequently asked questions and useful tidbits of information.
- Writing my first app, tutorial describing the steps from A-Z for "Hello Amber".
Amber config, info on
amber configcommand, its rationales and related issues.
- Amber Cookbook, a set of recipes for achieving typical results with Amber
- Porting code from other Smalltalk dialects, how to port code from other Smalltalks to Amber.
- Roadmap, the larger picture of our direction. The concrete "todo"-bullets are instead added as issues in the issue tracker.
- List of deprecations, listing actual deprecations as well as ones removed in previous versions
- Migration from Amber 0.11 to 0.12
- Migration from Amber 0.12 to 0.13
- Migration from Amber 0.13 to 0.14.0
- Migration from Amber 0.14.0 to 0.14.1
- Migration from Amber 0.14.1 to 0.14.2
- Migration from Amber 0.14.2 to 0.14.3
- Migration from Amber 0.14.4 to 0.14.10
- Migration from Amber 0.14.12 to 0.14.13
- Migration from Amber 0.14.13 to 0.14.14
- Migration from Amber 0.14.16 to 0.14.17
- Please read the Coding Conventions and the Contributions page.
- Understand Amber Code Relationships from a diagram.
- Module Naming Conventions.
- Building blocks of Amber application (and library)
- Amber project being application and library at once
- News about Smalltalk - planet Smalltalk
- Mindmap on Amber World Domination, on how to make Amber a success :). Food for thoughts, created at ESUG 2011.
- Contributions ideas for practical improvements to Amber, for example to improve the IDE and Debugger, which can be done by (beginning) contributors
Packaging Amber applications for non-web use
- Packaging an Amber Smalltalk application as an Android application
- Packaging Amber code in a PhoneGap (Cordova) app
- Chrome Extension?
- Windows 8 Metro?
Needs to be updated
- Writing my first app with AmberOneClick, tutorial describing the steps from A-Z for "Hello Amber" with AmberOneClick package (needs to be checked)
- How to load Amber documentation to loading amber in the browser
- Buzz from the net, links to various tutorials, articles, projects etc around Amber on the net.