Data We Collect Server-side
- We store PAC file requests (access logs) for up to 7 days to automatically manage IP-based access lists on proxy servers, to prevent unauthorized abusive usage.
- We collect number of PAC script downloads. Part of this data is collected on Rebrandly and Firebase servers.
- We collect number of clicks for each Rebrandly or Firebase link.
Data We Use Client-side
- Extension knows which sites you visit (domain name and IP address).
- Clients are not identified or fingerprinted, so no correlation is made between requested sites and user id.
- Some visited host names are sent to proxy, but never kept server-side.
How Data Is Transmitted
Part of your traffic is proxied via our servers via httpS and http protocols. httpS has a preference over http. By default http is used if httpS fails to work properly. Part of your traffic goes via http indifferently but there is an option in the popup to restrict all traffic to httpS only (some of the sites you visit won't be unblocked in this mode). Proxying via http(S) is not the same as visiting sites via http(S). Data of sites you visit via http may be visible to your Internet provider and on our proxy servers. Data of sites you visit via httpS is mostly encrypted and can't bee seen by your Internet provider or our servers.
Squid Error Reports
We use Squid proxy software on our servers, it has a built-in error reporting via emailing. If you email us a report via an email link provided by Squid then your HTTP headers are sent together with the email including your cookies. We keep it for some time to handle your report.
Our extension helps to bypass censorship, but it doesn't make you more anonymous on the internet. Your provider still knows which sites you visit (via DNS, e.g.) if only you don't use some other anonymity protection like Tor browser or VPN.
Source Codes And Obfuscation
- Extension is open source.
- Deployed extension is transpiled, but not minimized or obfuscated.
Who Are We?
We are the Anticenosrity team, we sustain our own proxy servers called Antizapret (RU).