Changes for the on-screen Touch Bar:
- Clicking while holding the toggle key will no longer toggle the on-screen Touch Bar
- Holding the toggle key too long will no longer toggle the on-screen Touch Bar
- Made sure the toggle key doesn't stop working after some time
Changes for the iOS Touch Bar:
- Replaced the webview virtual keyboard with a native one
- Rotation/resize issues with the keyboard should be resolved
- Changing your input source (keyboard language) will update the virtual keyboard
- Virtual keyboard on iOS 10 will have the new iOS 10 keyboard click sounds
- Enabling caps lock requires a slightly longer keypress (just like on a real Mac keyboard)
- Tapping the Touch Bar area to the left and right of the Touch Bar now triggers the nearest button
We've added a fully functional virtual keyboard to the iOS app, as well as different demo modes and alignment options. Check out the status menu for changing these settings.
Yes, we know the next logical step for the iOS app would be to use the remaining free part of the screen for a virtual trackpad. However, there is no trivial reliable way to do this. There are no SDKs to simulate complex multi-touch trackpad gestures based on touch events we get on iOS. Of course, if someone wants to take a shot at this and manages to create a decent virtual trackpad, drop us a PR and we'd be happy to include it!
Known issues with the new virtual keyboard:
Minor changes to the on-screen Touch Bar. It does fix some issues, so that justifies a new release.
- Adds rounded corners to the on-screen Touch Bar
- Fixes various on-screen Touch Bar issues related to full screen apps / spaces
Thanks to @avaidyam for contributing the code for this release!
There was a lot of confusion about the required macOS version / build number. We've updated the error message on not-supported macOS versions to include your build number and added a button to the download site.