My emacs.d configuration
As my editor of choice I run Emacs. One of the benefits of Emacs is that it’ll install basically anywhere.
This configuration is designed to run in shells as well as on desktops. There are some platform specific optimisations as well.
Just check it out straight to the right directory, and use Make to install it:
cd ~/Projects/emacs-d && make
Platform specific configuration
OS X desktop (Emacs.app)
optionkey is remapped to
M-3prints a literal
#(UK Mac keyboards being weird)
- We use the Solarized Dark theme
- Font is Inconsolata
OS X CLI in iTerm2
- When the Solarized Dark iTerm2 theme is installed, we use the
- Cut/paste are made to write/read from the clipboard (via
- Mouse highlighting works via xTerm capabilities
Required iTerm 2 Configuration
- Re-map left
Smart cursor color
The following libraries are included in non-attributable ways, i.e not via package install or via a Git submodule:
- Emacs Starter Kit was a very big early influence, and continues to be helpful.
License and copyright
Copyright 2010-2012 Bradley Wright.
Files are licensed under the same license as Emacs (GPL) unless
otherwise specified. See the
COPYING file for more information.
Any external/third party works included in this work are licensed under their own licenses - refer to the submodules or packages for more information.