Versa64Cart is designed to be a modern easy-to-use cartridge development board for Commodore 64 and Commodore 128 hobbyists and hackers. The versatile design of the PCB allows for flexible implementation of various cartridge types. Whether it’s a simple cartridge backup of an 8k game or a switchable multi-program diagnostic cartridge, Versa64Cart has you covered.
Supported EPROMS are: 27C64 (8k), 27C128 (16k), 27C256 (32k), 27C512 (64k). Please see the documentation for more information.
Eagle and KiCad design files
I have put the rev 1.1 in a separate folder in case someone wants to use the kicad files as a template. Rev. 1.2 was designed by Sven Peterson in eagle. It is a complete redrawn schematic and layout.
- Change: card edge connector with pads like in v1.1
- Change: Cartridge enclosure support
- Moved IC socket away from edge
- Moved diode group away from edge
- Bom: Use right angle pin headers. The straight ones are too tall.
- A reset button
- Jumpers accessible on outer edge.*
- Solder jumpers at the top layer
- New documentation
- Designed in Eagle
- Remember to turn off the computer before changing the jumpers.
1.1 and 1.0
- Designed in KiCad based on simple64cart eagle files
- Support retro innovation cartridge enclosure (allthough pins too high)
- Moved IC sockets further from edge
- Added 16k game support
- Added dip switch and jumpers
- Added Documentation
Versa64Cart on YouTube
Check out VersaZIF64 if you are interested in the Versa64cart and with a ZIF socket. https://github.com/bwack/VersaZIF64