This is the official informational website for the CodeIgniter project.
The website has been open-sourced in the interest of transparency.
We welcome issues and pull requests, to handle corrections.
We will be a bit more reserved with the content :-/
The project is governed by the CodeIgniter Foundation, and we have a working group in place to handle the website content and design. Style and structure changes will be addressed by this group.
The site has been built with CodeIgniter 4, and is meant to be an example of "good" programming style, although definitely not the only way to do things.
Some of the programming design decisions reflected:
publicfolder is the intended document root for the webapp.
- The architecture adheres more to the "model-view-adapter" convention, where the view is unaware of the source of data and the model is unaware of how any data might be presented. The controllers are go-betweens.
- A "master template" lets each controller focus only with building its part of a webpage.
- A base controller takes care of assembling finished pages, using the master template.
- Using the template parser eliminates PHP code from the views, where possible.
- Mock data for the recent news and most recently active threads, means that the website can be tested locally, without needing access to the live forum database.
- View fragments are used to style single "records" on their own, improving cohesion.
PHP version 7.2 or higher is required, with the following extensions installed:
Additionally, make sure that the following extensions are enabled in your PHP: