Clone this wiki locally
Please add videos about Crowbar to this page.
Videos for Newbies
- OpenStack in 10 minutes - Quick example of what OpenStack looks like and how it gets deployed by Crowbar
- Crowbar Install - Shows how to install Crowbar as a Dev Platform on a VMware workstation. This is the pre-requisite learning how to use Crowbar.
- Intro to Crowbar (15 mins) - Overview of how Crowbar operates by building a single node instance. Builds on the how to Install Crowbar video
- Crowbar in 10 minutes (Mar 27, 2012) - Quick Demo of how Crowbar works
- DevOpsDays Demo of Crowbar - A very fast demo of Crowbar for DevOpsDays
- ChefConf Crowbar Essex and Knife OpenStack - Presentation about Crowbar and OpenStack Essex that includes using Opscode Knife to control both the physical hardware (knife) and virtual environment (knife openstack) from the same command prompt.
- ChefConf Ignite Dell Topic (May 21, 2012) - 5 minutes about the history of Crowbar at Dell
A Little More Advanced
- Change Crowbar Default Network
(Sep 29, 2011) - this explains how to change the default networking in Crowbar 1.0 from
192.168.124.xxx. MUST BE DONE BEFORE INSTALL! NOTE: Changes in 1.1
- OpenStack Essex Install using Crowbar (4 NIC version) (May 28, 2012) - This deployment uses a special network configuration of 4 NICs in VMware workstation to get around VLAN limitations with VMware networking.
- Creating Documentation in Crowbar 2.x (Jul 29, 2012) - This video explains the process for adding and editing documentation in Crowbar2. This is an important community capability.
SUSEcon Dell Crowbar
(streamed live on Sep 21, 2012)
- Crowbar Dev Tool ISO Build - Crowbar Devtool manages the barclamp dependencies for development and building Crowbar. This short video shows how to create an new ISO using the DevTool
- Crowbar DevTool commit and push - DevTool to create a push request into the Crowbar project
- Crowbar Dev Tool 2.0 (Sep 16, 2012) - For Crowbar 2 (and "Betty 1.5 & Wilma 1.6") we have substantially updated the DevTool to make it easier for teams to use. This means we have eliminate submodules and allowed users to maintain multiple upstream repositories.
Advanced Users and Developers
- Design Videos on Crowbar 2.0
- Dev Topics for Crowbar 2
- Documentation Add/Edit: http://youtu.be/eWHeEWiOEvo
- Using DevTool Building: http://youtu.be/fWtEk1rPnHY
- Creating Barclamps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSazhFcXd4k
- Install Barclamps from TARs: http://youtu.be/Bd06NUkwqek
- Dev Tricks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYoikaMQrs
Crowbar 2 BDD Training 2013-03-01
Published on Mar 1, 2013
90 Minutes. BDD overview and demonstration Includes running dev web server and writing new tests. Audio has background noise - was recorded as live training.
Crowbar 2 Provisioner Review 2013-02-19
Published on Feb 19, 2013
Victor Lowther takes us through how the Provisioner Barclamp works
Crowbar Data Model Review
Published on Feb 21, 2013
Topics include: test-unit vs rspec, model design, packaging, template overrides.
- Install 1.2 Crowbar from ISO: http://youtu.be/WAUKMlawrPw (prebuilt ISO)
- DevTool 1.3 ISO Build: http://youtu.be/fWtEk1rPnHY
- Installing OpenStack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0Dh-r3XZg
- Hadoop Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPJv_OsjEk&feature=plcp
- Changing Default Networking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5YEuipVJz8
- Using Alias & Group feature in 1.3: http://youtu.be/_DG5RXSF96A