The official and free Umbraco TinyPNG package for image compressing. Tinifier allows to dramatically reduced the size of PNG and JPEG images which positively influence on a page loading time and visitors loyalty.
TinyPNG uses smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your PNG files. By selectively decreasing the number of colors in the image, fewer bytes are required to store the data. The effect is nearly invisible, but it makes a huge difference in file size.
TinyPNG provides an API which allows compressing images programmatically. 500 successful requests per month are available for free usage. It can be not enough for large enterprise websites, so check prices on the TinyPNG website before the start.
- Install Tinifier package
- Register account in the TinyPNG and get API key
- Go to the Tinifier settings and set API key. (For Tinifier 1.2 add Tinifier section for your user in Users section (see QuickStart.pdf)).
- Tinify (compress) an appropriate image
- Your visitors are happy with fast loading pages!
- Optimize individual images from the Media
- Folders optimization
- Supported image formats: PNG and JPEG
- Optimized image stats
- API requests widget
- Total saved bytes widget
- Image optimization on upload
- Umbraco 7.3 - 7.12 support
- Azure blob storage support
- Top 50 tinified images
- Save metadata
- Optimize ImageCropper images on upload
- Tinify everything (all media and crops)
- Organize images by dates in Media
More about project
Copyright © Backend Devs.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.