Domoticz MQTT Discovery plugin with Sonoff-Tasmota extensions
Domoticz Python plugin which implements support for Home-Assistant style MQTT discovery.
- Switch and dimmer devices will be automatically found and added to Domoticz device database
- State in Domoticz in synchronized with device state (unlike if using Domoitcz MQTT + "Dummy hardware")
- Note: Sensors are not yet supported
- The plugin has some special adaptations for the Tasmota ESP8266 firmware.
- Working Domoticz installation
- Working MQTT server
Prerequisites (Sonoff or other ESP8266 devices with tasmota firmware):
- Sonoff devices must be flashed with 5.11.1c or newer (must include support for home-assistant style MQTT discovery)
- Sonoff devices must have Home Assistant Discovery (option 19) set to 1 (setoption19 1)
- Sonoff devices must be connected to MQTT server, and must have individual topics (by default all devices topic will be set to
sonoff, this will not work)
- Sonoff fulltopic should be reasonable, for example "tasmota/%topic%/%prefix%/"
- Clone this project into Domoticz 'plugins' folder
- Restart Domoticz
- Create hardware of type "MQTT Discovery"
- Set MQTT IP and port
- Set "Debug" to "Verbose" for debug log
- Domoticz should now detect any device running Tasmota firmware