Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
Geth v1.8.23 is a small, scheduled maintenance release that brings a couple of improvements to various sync and block processing mechanisms. The selection of fixes have been back-ported from
master and are not a full release of our latest code:
- Fix transaction tracers to handle legacy Frontier/Homestead state transitions (631e2f0).
- Fix block importing regressions caused by the side chain rework (3a95128, 3ab9dcc, 4da2092).
- Fix a trie decoding issue that could cause a state sync to crash (a458153).
- Fix the file descriptor crash on newer versions of macos (048b463, 7bd6f39).
- Fix the PPA that broke due to Travis' firewall (9f5fb15, 276f824, b247052, 84cb00a, df355ec).
- Fix the iOS CocoaPods builds failing due to upstream dependency issues (d9be337, fe5258b).
- Fix various data races in the cache library we used for trie reads (992a7bb).
The release also back-ports native support for the Görli testnet via the
--goerli flag (2072c26).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.23 back-port pull request.
Geth binaries and mobile libraries are available on the Geth download page.
This release contains Swarm v0.3.11 with the following improvements:
- Improved peer suggestion engine (#18404).
- Bootnode mode and new bootnodes (#18498, #18509).
- Network snapshot generator (#18453).
- Saturation check for healthy networks (#19071).
- PSS: Updated to whisper V6 (#19023).
- Added a debug tool: global-store (#19014).
- Added debugging APIs to make it easier to explore chunks on nodes (#18980, #19002, #19008).
- Multiple data races were fixed (#18459, #18460, #18462, #18464,#18511, #18993, #19017, #19049, #19051).
Swarm binaries are available on the Swarm download page.