0.19 February 27th 2017
We’re happy to announce the first release of Hugo in 2017.
This release represents over 180 contributions by over 50 contributors to the main Hugo code base. Since last release Hugo has gained 1450 stars, 35 new contributors and 15 additional themes.
Hugo now has:
- 15200+ stars
- 470+ contributors
- 151+ themes
Furthermore, Hugo has its own Twitter account (@gohugoio) where we share bite-sized news and themes from the Hugo community.
@bep leads the Hugo development and once again contributed a significant amount of additions. Also a big shoutout to @chaseadamsio for the Emacs Org-mode support, @digitalcraftsman for his relentless work on keeping the documentation and the themes site in pristine condition, @fj for his work on revising the
params handling in Hugo, and @moorereason and @bogem for their ongoing contributions.
Also, a considerably amount of work have been put into cleaning up the Hugo source code, in an issue titled Refactor the globals out of site build. This is not immediately visible to the Hugo end user, but will speed up future development.
0.18 was bringing full-parallel page rendering, so workarounds depending on rendering order did not work anymore, and pages with duplicate target paths (common examples would be
/about/index.md) would now conflict with the home page or the section listing.
0.19, you can control this behaviour by turning off page types you do not want ( #2534 ). In its most extreme case, if you put the below setting in your
config.toml, you will get nothing!:
disableKinds = ["page", "home", "section", "taxonomy", "taxonomyTerm", "RSS", "sitemap", "robotsTXT", "404"]
Other New Features
- Add ability to sort pages by frontmatter parameters, enabling easy custom “top 10” page lists. #3022
truncatetemplate function #2882
nowfunction, which replaces the now deprecated
- Make RSS item limit configurable #3035
.Paramto permit arbitrarily nested parameter references #2598
Page.Paramsmore consistently when adding metadata #3033
sectionPagesMenufeature (“Section menu for the lazy blogger”) is now integrated with the section content pages. #2974
0.19is compiled with Go 1.8!
- Make template funcs like
findREand friends more liberal in what argument types they accept #3018 #2822
- Improve generation of OpenGraph date tags #2979
sourceRelativeLinksis now deprecated and will be removed in Hugo
0.21if no one is stepping up to the plate and fixes and maintains this feature. #3028
.Site.LastChangeon sites where the default sort order is not chronological. #2909
- Fix regression of
.Truncatedevaluation in manual summaries. #2989
- Fix issue with taxonomies when only some have content page #2992
- Fix instagram shortcode panic on invalid ID #3048
- Fix subtle data race in
- Fix deadlock in cached partials #2935
- Avoid double-encoding of paginator URLs #2177
- Allow tilde in URLs #2177
.Site.Pageshandling on live reloads #2869
UniqueIDnow correctly uses the fill file path from the content root to calculate the hash, and is finally … unique!
- Discard current language based on
.Lang(), go get translations correct for paginated pages. #2972
- Fix infinite loop in template AST handling for recursive templates #2927
- Fix issue with watching when config loading fails #2603
- Correctly flush the imageConfig on live-reload #3016
- Fix parsing of TOML arrays in frontmatter #2752