The Mammoth: A Cave Painting
copyright 2015 inbetweengames GBR
In The Mammoth: A Cave Painting you tell the 5 million year story of the mammoth in 5 minutes.
- Inspired by prehistoric cave-paintings, act out a story written on the wall of a cave.
- Search for your lost herd on the wide plain.
- Gather and protect your children.
- Struggle with human hunters.
- Experience the dynamic narration unfold as you tell your story.
This public repository contains all the code, blueprints and scripts used to create The Mammoth. Note that the game was made in 3 days for the Ludum Dare 33 game jam, so code quality leaves a lot to be desired! We hope that making this public allows everyone to see how a game like this can be made with UE4, by checking out the code and scripting. We've replaced some of the visual and audio assets with placeholders: feel free to plug in your own art and audio and show us what you can do!
- Download and install Unreal Engine 4 version 4.9.2 from https://www.unrealengine.com
- Clone this github repository
- Install Visual Studio 2013 from https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2013-community-vs.aspx
- Navigate to LudumGame/, and double-click LudumGame.uproject
- Say yes when prompted to rebuild the module
- You will now be in the Unreal Engine editor. For more information on how to use UE4, check the documentation at https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/GettingStarted/
Enjoy, the inbetweengames team