- Fix Perl compilation in object dir. By Martijn Dekker (#602, #623).
- Disable EC cryptography on Solaris to fix build (#604, #598).
- Fix incorrect HELP SERVER example (#606, #519).
- Correct memory leak in /OP and /VOICE. By Tim Konick (#608).
- Fix regression that broke second level completion (#613, #609).
- Correct missing NULL termination in perl_parse. By Hanno Böck (#619).
- Sync broken mail.pl script (#624, #607).
- Prevent a memory leak during the processing of the SASL response (GL!8, GL#5)
Removed --disable-ipv6 (#408).
/connect Network now aborts with an error if no servers have been
added to that network (#443).
/dcc commands now use quotes around spaces consistently.
Switch to GRegex instead of regex.h (#412).
Note your existing ignore or hilight rules may need updating, for example by replacing GNU
irssiproxy can now forward all tags through a single
port. By Lukas Mai (mauke, #425).
irssiproxy can also listen on unix sockets. By Lukas Mai (#427).
connections will avoid looking up IPv6 addresses if the machine does
not have an IPv6 address assigned (exact behaviour is implementation
Fix potential crash if scripts insert undef values into the completion
Paste warning is now also shown on pasting overlong
lines. By Manish Goregaokar (#426).
autolog_ignore_targets and activity_hide_targets learn a new syntax
tag/* and * to ignore whole networks or everything.
By Jari Matilainen (vague666, #437)
Always build irssi with TLS support.
Rename SSL to TLS in the code and add -tls_* versions of the -ssl_*
options to /CONNECT and /SERVER, but make sure the -ssl_* options continue
Use TLS for Freenode, EFnet, EsperNet, OFTC, Rizon, and IRC6 in the default
Display TLS connection information upon connect. You can disable this by
setting tls_verbose_connect to FALSE.
Add -tls_pinned_cert and -tls_pinned_pubkey for x509 and public key pinning.
The values needed for -tls_pinned_cert and -tls_pinned_pubkey is shown
when connecting to a TLS enabled IRC server, but you can also find the
values like this: Start by downloading the certificate from a given IRC
$ openssl s_client -connect irc.example.net:6697 < /dev/null 2>/dev/null | \ openssl x509 > example.cert
Find the value for -tls_pinned_cert:
$ openssl x509 -in example.cert -fingerprint -sha256 -noout
Find the value for -tls_pinned_pubkey:
$ openssl x509 -in example.cert -pubkey -noout | \ openssl pkey -pubin -outform der | \ openssl dgst -sha256 -c | \ tr a-z A-Z
Remove support for DANE validation of TLS certificates.
There wasn't enough support in the IRC community to push for this on the
majority of bigger IRC networks. If you believe this should be
reintroduced into irssi, then please come up with an implementation that
does not rely on the libval library. It is causing a lot of troubles for
our downstream maintainers.
New setting completion_nicks_match_case (#488).
Irssi::signal_remove now works with coderefs. By Tom Feist (shabble, #512).
cap_toggle can now be called from Perl, and fields
cap_active and cap_supported can be inspected (#542).
Make it possible to disable empty line completion. By Lauri
Tirkkonen (lotheac, #574).
New option sasl_disconnect_on_failure to disconnect when
SASL log-in failed (#514).
- IP addresses are no longer stored when resolve_reverse_lookup is
- Removed broken support for curses (#521).
- Removed broken dummy mode (#526).
- Fix terminal state after suspend (#450, #452).
- Improve Perl library path detection (#479, #132).
- Reconnect now works on unix connections (#493).
- Fix completion warnings (#125, #496, FS#124).
- Fix a crash in the --more-- item (#501).
- Fix a display issue in /unignore (#517, bdo#577202).
- Fix a crash in some netsplits (#529, #500).
- Fix crashes with some invalid config (#550, #551, #563, #564, #587, #581, #570).
- Add support for SASL Fragmentation. By Kenny Root (kruton, #506).
- Improve netsplit dumping (#420, #465).
- Improve responsibility under DCC I/O strain (#578, #159).
- Fix query nick change on open (#580, #586).
- Correct a few help texts.
- This is a security release. Everyone must upgrade.
- Correct a NULL pointer dereference in the nickcmp function found by
Joseph Bisch (GL#1)
- Correct an out of bounds read in certain incomplete control codes
found by Joseph Bisch (GL#2)
- Correct an out of bounds read in certain incomplete character
sequences found by Hanno Böck and independently by J. Bisch (GL#3)
- Correct an error when receiving invalid nick message (GL#4, #466)
- Correct an out of bounds read when printing %[ found by Hanno Böck
- This is a security release. Everyone must upgrade.
- Correct the name of an emitted sasl signal (#484)
- Correct the prototype for the 'message private' signal (#515)
- Corrections in away and hilight help text (#477, #518)
- /squery and /servlist commands have been restored.
- Where Irssi would previously only report "System error" on connect,
it will now try harder to retrieve the system error message.
- Fixed issue with +channels not working properly (#533)
- Fixed crash in optchan when item has no server (#485)
- Fixed random remote crash in the nicklist handling (#529)
- Fixed remote crash due to incorrect bounds checking on
formats, reported by Gabriel Campana and Adrien Guinet from
- If your cursor keys stopped working, try this first:
/bind meta-O key meta2
- Fixed regression when joining and parting channels on IRCnet (#435)
- Fixed SASL EXTERNAL (#432)
- Fixed regression when not using SASL (#438)
- Fixed incorrect SSL disconnects when using SSL from modules/scripts
- Fixed regression where proxy_string could not be configured or
certain file transfers could not be accepted (#445)
- Fixed storing layout of !channels (#183)
- Fixed restoration of bracketed paste mode on quit (#449)
- Make the usage of meta-O for cursor keys configurable with
/set term_appkey_mode off
- Modules will now require to define a
void MODULENAME ## _abicheck(int *version)
method to ensure that they are compiled against the correct Irssi
- The signature of "message private" has been changed to
5: server, message, nick, address, target
in order to support "self messages". Module authors should
implement this change if they are using this signal.
- Removing networks will now remove all attached servers and channels
- The proxy module now has an /irssiproxy command.
- sb_search has been moved to scripts.irssi.org
- WIN32 has been completely removed (it had not been working and is
lacking a maintainer.)
- Garbage Collection support has been removed. This will hardly have any
effect for anyone given that it has been unsupported for several years.
- CAP SASL PLAIN login is now supported natively.
- Paste bracket markers can be requested from terminal with
/set paste_use_bracketed_mode on
- "Self messages" generated by some bouncers can now be received in the
- Try to split long lines on spaces to avoid words being splitted. Adds
a new option: split_line_on_space which defaults to on.
- Add setting hilight_nick_matches_everywhere (#56).
- The config parser is more robust and prints out better diagnostics on
incorrect config files.
- Ctrl+^ (FS#721) and Ctrl+J can now be bound.
- Command history can be cleared with /window history -clear
- /hilight -mask -line is now supported (FS#275).
- CHANTYPES are now supported.
- Improved reload speed of ignores.
- Add -date feature to /lastlog
- irssiproxy can be more easily enabled and disabled.
- Expando for hostname (FS#829).
- UNIX sockets can now also be specified in the config file.
- Disable SSLv3 due to the POODLE vulnerability.
- SSL ciphers can now be specified per server.
- Added SNI support for SSL.
- /ignore now respects -pattern on merge (#78).
- irssiproxy (BNC) module now uses correct line endings.
- Fix missing lines on large pastes (FS#905).
- Correctly preserve STATUSMSG prefixes (#291).
- Fix infinite recursion in key bindings (FS#817).
- Fix incomplete awaylog caused by buffering.
- Fix calculation of UTF-8 string length display in some cases.
- Fix some Perl warnings related to @ISA.
- EXEC windowitems now get proper references on the Perl side.
- Incremental help file improvements.
- ANSI attributes are now properly reset.
- Fixed regression where text would blink when terminal lacks color
- Permit the usage of Freenode extban syntax in /ban (#150)
- Fixed regression in scriptassist on unload of scripts.
- Fixed regression in -actcolor %n