A live demo is available on my website - resize the window to see how it adapts: http://jasonmayes.com/projects/contentPlacer/
- Fully responsive (up to the largest element width used).
- Allows for variable width AND height content. All content must be a multiple of a base unit size.
- Works with any type of responsive content (not just images).
- Supports margins between content.
- Works in all modern browsers.
- Supports transitions for initial display and for fluid repositioning of content.
- Lightweight and efficient.
- Fully customizable - all transitions / style is defined via CSS.
Why does this exist?
After a quick Google it seemed many other existing solutions required some third party library to work (jQuery), or were not as efficient as I wanted. I therefore decided to roll my own from a blank canvas to keep it as lightweight and efficient as possible.
Got suggestions? Feedback? Feature requests? Tell me!
Feel free to use in your own personal projects. I only ask you keep any disclaimers with my code (even if code is modified / minified) so others can find the original source should they wish to get updates or support. A link back / social media shout out is always appreciated to help others discover it (and for me to see what great things it is being used for) but not required :-)
If you plan to use in a commercial project please contact me first if you are unable to adhere to the above terms.