Jenny5 robot - CAD files
This repository contains the CAD file for the Jenny 5, which is a human size, multi-purpose robot. It has a mobile platform, a pliable leg, 2 arms and head.
Jenny5 is open source with a permisible license (MIT) so that anyone can build and improve.
OpenSCAD from http://www.openscad.org/. Make sure that you have the latest development snapshot which can be downloaded from menu Downloads of the webpage.
How to compile
Go to robot folder, open jenny5.scad file with OpenSCAD and press Preview button (or F5) ... and wait for several seconds (or minutes if you have a slow computer).
The press View all button (or Ctrl+Shift+V) to view the entire robot and use the mouse to navigate.
Note that left button drag means rotate, right button drag means move and the wheel means zoom.
The project is divided into several folders:
- robot folder, which contains parts specific to Jenny 5 robot. This folder contains the main file of the project: jenny5.scad
- basic_scad folder, which contains general parts (like motors, bearings, screws, nuts, housings, etc) which are required to build the robot or something else.
The robot folder contains 5 subfolders:
- arm. The main file is arm.scad.
- base_platform. The main file is base_platform.scad
- body. The main file is body.scad. Please note that arms are connected to body only in the main file of the project ( jenny5.scad ).
- head. The main file is head.scad.
- leg. The main file is leg.scad.
The current position of the leg and arms is stored as numerical values (angles).
These parameters are stored in the following files:
One can modify these parameters in order to simulate a new position for leg or arms.
One can change the color of the plastic parts from file basic_scad/material_colors.scad. Check OpenSCAD manual for a list of possible colors.
- This is work in progress.
- Not all components (for instance screws) are shown in the project.
Build it on your own risk!
Copyright 2015-2019 Mihai Oltean
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.