MavensMate for Sublime Text
MavensMate for Sublime Text is a plugin that aims to replicate the functionality of the Eclipse-based Force.com IDE. Its goal is to allow developers to work inside Sublime Text for all their Force.com-related tasks.
- Create & Edit Salesforce.com projects with specific package metadata
- Create & compile Apex Classes, Apex Trigger, Visualforce Pages, Visualforce Components, and Lightning Components
- Retrieve & compile other types of Salesforce.com metadata
- Run Apex test methods and visualize test successes/failures & coverage
- Deploy metadata to other Salesforce.com orgs
- Apex Execute Anonymous
- Create Apex Execution Overlay Actions "checkpoints" (tooling API)
- Stream Apex Logs to your local filesystem
- Apex & Visualforce Code Assist
You must install the following before continuing:
- Sublime Text 3 http://www.sublimetext.com/3
- Sublime Text Package Control https://packagecontrol.io/installation
- mavensmate-app (must be running in order for MavensMate for Sublime Text v5.0+ to function) https://github.com/joeferraro/mavensmate-app/releases
Installing the MavensMate for Sublime Text package
- Open Sublime Text 3
Package Control: Install Packagecommand
- Search for
NOTE: If you would like to install prerelease versions of MavensMate for Sublime Text, you must add
"MavensMate" to your Package Control
"install_prereleases" user setting.
In order to get started using MavensMate for Sublime Text, you should be aware of a few important settings. MavensMate for Sublime Text settings follow the Sublime Text convention of providing default settings in JSON format that can be overwritten via a user settings file. To view MavensMate default and user settings, use the MavensMate menu in the top menu bar:
MavensMate > Settings.
NEW IN v5: Most settings formerly found within Sublime Text have been moved to the "Global Settings" which can be found within mavensmate-app. To access/update those settings, use the
MavensMate menu in Sublime Text and select
Settings > Global Settings.
You must configure the
mm_workspace setting before creating a new MavensMate project. You may set
mm_workspace to a single path on your local filesystem or an array of paths.
Array of workspaces
"mm_workspace" : [ "/Users/darylshaber/Desktop/my-cool-folder", "/Users/darylshaber/Workspaces/my-mavensmate-workspace" ],
"mm_workspace" : "/Users/darylshaber/Desktop/my-cool-folder",
Windows users: You must use escaped backslashes to set your workspaces:
"mm_workspace" : [ "\\Users\\darylshaber\\Desktop\\my-cool-folder", "\\Users\\darylshaber\\Workspaces\\my-mavensmate-workspace" ],
Salesforce API Version (mm_api_version)
mm_api_version to set your desired Salesforce.com API version. Please note, it should be set to a single decimal place:
"mm_api_version" : "33.0",
"mm_api_version" : 33,
Updates to the plugin are handled automatically by Package Control. Updates can be applied manually by replacing the
MavensMate directory in your Sublime Text