The Toast Framework
Welcome, young warrior! Let's go over the basics of the framework, shall we?
The structure for Toast is fairly easy to grasp - lets make a typical page with 2 columns:
<div class="row"> <div class="col_9"> Content! </div> <div class="col_3 box"> Sidebar! </div> </div>
Now we have 2 columns, one spanning nine column values, and one spanning three. In case you didn't notice, there's a class of "box" in that sidebar too. That class adds padding to the div, creating a 'real' box that you can apply a background too. Neat huh? And it doesn't break the grid!
Other cool things
There are a couple of other classes that will do cool stuff to the page:
- smallscreen - adding this to the container will make it snap to a smaller size, ideal for people who are used to the 960 pixel grid
- respond - adding this to the container will make it responsive, so it scales down to mobile sizes
- push_x and pull_x - add this to a column, and it will push or pull it right & left by x columns
- prefix_x and suffix_x will create space on the left or right of the column
- nest - if you want nested grids (like a col_9 with two columns inside that) just add the class "nest" to the parent.