RebaseAssister plugin for Notepad++
What does the plugin do? Basically it auto-selects the first word of every non-comment line in an interactive rebase file..
Specifically it features
- Auto-selection of commands, making it super fast to change those
pickinstructions during interactive rebasing.
- Shortcuts for moving lines up/down (
- Syntax highlighting
Using Notepad++ during interactive rebasing offers additional benefits
- Spell checking (using the great
- Verbose backup - you always have a backup of the guids of the rebase needed for salvaging deleted commits.
This plugin is too new to have been added to the notepad++ pluginmanager - that takes a couple of months to get in place. So manual installation only.
- Instruct Git / hg to use Notepad++
git config --global core.editor "'C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe' -multiInst -notabbar -nosession"
- Download a binary release and stick the
c:\program files (x86)\notepad++\plugins\folder. Alternatively, download the source and build it - the build will copy the dll to the notepad folder.
This plugin has been created using the
Notepad++ pluginpack for .Net https://github.com/kbilsted/NotepadPlusPlusPluginPack.Net/releases
Also check out my blog at http://firstclassthoughts.co.uk/