Flavio De Stefano
Sr. Software Engineer @Spotify in Stockholm
🇸🇪 🕵️♂️ Cyber-security obsessed 🤖 I've built a monkey AI 📠 I like RJ45 cables 📃 oh, I hate YAML
I'm interested in cyber-security, cryptography and I have fun in building bots, vocal assistants, IOT devices and CLI utilities. In my free time I love to build stuff that solve everyday problems, and as soon I can I release them as OSS projects. In general, I tend to apply lot of math in order to create elegant and readable algorithms.
One of the greatest satisfactions is to create something on your own; my best way to do it's by coding.
I started coding in high-school by studying algorithms and data structures in C and C++. In the meantime, I used to build simple apps using .NET technologies and experimenting with ancient Windows Mobile phones... and it immediately became my passion.
Specializing as a full-stack developer using classical PHP, learning Joomla, Magento and Wordpress, then I focused on building REST APIs using Laravel. During the mobile era, I developed a lot of iOS and Android apps using Appcelerator Titanium and became a contributor to this awesome framework.
In the last few years, I used NodeJS as main backend language and I've built web apps with React & Redux and GraphQL. I also made some experience in IOT using Arduino and Raspberry PI boards. I learned how micro-services ecosystems work and dig a bit into dev-ops by managing Docker containers, CI pipelines by building infrastructures in AWS.
- How I built the SiriWaveJS library: a look at the math and the code It was 4 years ago when I had the idea to replicate the Apple® Siri wave-form (introduced with the iP...
- Hey Siri, make coffee! “my wife was tired of bringing me coffee in bed every morning. But I am too lazy (especially in the m...
- What I learned hacking the Facebook Messenger Soccer game Recently, during the last European Football Championship, Facebook introduced a little game in the Me...
- Kata resolution: Next bigger number with the same digits I would like to share with you my solution of a Kata on CodeWars. CodeWars is a website where you ha...
- The hardware behind Otto: a monkey plush which became my vocal assistant Otto is a monkey plush that we found in a highway store during a trip with my girlfriend in February...
- How to easily run any Linux tool on any machine Have you ever encountered a situation like the ones below? Situation 1: You’re on your Linux worksta...
- How to install Kali on a USB stick with pure EFI boot on a Mac (and with virtualization via USB on Virtualbox) This tutorial is for everyone who wants a USB stick with a full Kali installation to use with your Ma...
- siriwave The Apple® Siri wave-form replicated in a JS library. (★1191/151)
- trimethyl Titanium toolchain with superpower and wrapper around bugs. (★100/21)
- ti.notifications Useful Titanium+Alloy widget to handle notifications messages when app is in foreground. (★84/23)
- ti.tilt-image-view FacebookPaper-style tilt-fullscreen Image viewer widget for Titanium Alloy. (★55/14)
- ti.goosh GCM/FCM module for Titanium. (★53/36)
- ti.loader Alloy+Titanium widget to display a loader mask for you applications. (★44/14)
- ti.formbuilder Build forms for Titanium with just an object. (★24/6)
- ti.sharer Sharing widget heavily inspired by AirBNB, with default drivers and the ability to add custom drivers to share. (★23/6)
- ti.passcode Alloy+Titanium widget for an identical iPhone lock screen with passcode. (★22/5)
- ti.siriwave SiriwaveJS porting for Titanium as Alloy widget. (★15/3)
- dotfiles kopiro's (.)files (★8/1)
- tommy Web Assets converter and optimizer (★1/0)
- PolpettaMag - website Website for the magazine "PolpettaMag" using Wordpress containerized with Docker
- Duccio Grassi Architects - website Company website for the Architect Studio "Duccio Grassi Architects" using Wordpress containerized with Docker
- Iotti + Pavarani Architetti - website Company website for the Architect Studio "Iotti + Pavarani" using Wordpress
- Il Paesaggio della Bonifica - website Portal for "Il Paesaggio della Bonifica" using PHP
- écru architetti - website Company website for the Architect Studio "écru architetti" using Wordpress