A software oscilloscope attempting to mimic the aesthetic of old school ray oscilloscopes.
How to use
After starting the oscilloscope a welcome message is already loaded, press ▶︎ play to make sure your audio setup works. If it doesn't, open
To open files you can either click the folder icon, or drag a file from Explorer/Finder/Nautilus/... to the application.
|e||Export to image sequence|
For more information
Things are moving around a bit sometimes. Make sure to read these instructions before each build.
- Download and unzip Openframeworks 0.10.1
- Open the folder apps/myApps/ (in the OpenFrameworks folder)
- Clone the repository with submodules:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/kritzikratzi/Oscilloscope.git
- Download the binary release for ofxAvCodec from https://github.com/kritzikratzi/ofxAvCodec/releases/tag/0.2
- Replace the addons/ofxAvCodec/libs with the libs folder from the download
Compiling with XCode (OSX11.5+)
- Add the
--deepvalue to the
Other Code Signing Flagskey in the Build Settings tab
- Open apps/myApps/oscilloscope/Oscilloscope.xcodeproject and then Build&Run
- (Optional) Sign&Notarize with apple: Copy
osx-config.sh, then run
scripts/dist.sh osx 1.1.0
You can also build with
make && make run on the command line. The resulting build will have no icon/no proper name/no retina support.
Compiling with Visual studio 2017
The shell commands can be run from a git bash, cygwin, msys, or any other shell emulator.
- Open oscilloscope.sln and Build&Run
Compiling with make in Linux
This is a full install including OF (thx rrolison68!)
cd wget -c https://openframeworks.cc/versions/v0.10.1/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release.tar.gz tar -zxvf of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release.tar.gz mv of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release OF cd OF/scripts/linux/ubuntu sudo ./install_dependencies.sh cd cd OF/apps/myApps git clone --recursive https://github.com/kritzikratzi/Oscilloscope.git cd Oscilloscope scripts/clean.sh cp -R addons/ofxMightyUI/bin/data/* bin/data/ cp -R addons/ofxFontAwesome/bin/data/* bin/data/ make -j2 bin/Oscilloscope
See scripts/readme.md for the full distribution process.
Package the software
- for osx run
scripts/dist.sh $platform $version
- platform is one of
osx linux linux64 win64
- version is whatever version you want, e.g.
- Openframeworks. A creative coding library. The larger part of it is licensed as MIT/BSD.
- FFmpeg and ofxAvCodec. FFmpeg is the encoder/decoder library and licensed under the gpl/lgpl 2.1. The binaries included here were compiled to comply with the lgpl. A copy of the LGPL together with instructions how the library was compiled for each platform can be found in the
- The sourcecode for this application is freely available on github.