Game On! with Lagom
Lagom is a framework for developing reactive microservices in Java or Scala. Created by Lightbend, Lagom is built on the proven Akka toolkit and Play Framework, and provides a highly productive, guided path for creating responsive, resilient, elastic, message-driven applications.
Game On! is both a sample microservices application, and a throwback text adventure brought to you by the WASdev team at IBM.
Before you start
Get your participant ID from the workshop facilitators. It will be a two-digit number between 01 and 50. You will need this number to create your project.
Creating your project
- Clone this repository to your home directory:
cd ~ git clone https://github.com/lagom/lagom-gameon-maven-archetype.git
- Install the archetype:
cd lagom-gameon-maven-archetype mvn install
- Create a project from the archetype in your home directory:
This will prompt you for several values. Enter them as shown below:
cd ~ mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.lightbend.lagom.gameon -DarchetypeArtifactId=lagom-gameon-maven-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
- groupId: com.lightbend.lagom.gameon
- artifactId: gameon17sNN (replace "NN" with your assigned participant ID, for example: "gameon17s50")
- version: (press enter to accept the default)
- package: (press enter to accept the default)
This creates a directory named gameon17sNN, with "NN" replaced with your assigned participant ID.
README.md file in the created project for further instructions.