Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Lispbuilder (short for Common Lisp Application Builder), is a collection of cross-platform packages for building large, interactive applications in Common Lisp. The most notable of these is Lispbuilder-SDL, a wrapper for SDL, a library commonly used for game development. Other packages provide 3D graphics and animation, networking, text processing, and other miscellaneous functionality.
The packages include:
- lispbuilder-sdl: bindings for SDL version 1.2
- lispbuilder-openrm: bindings for OpenRM 3D scene graph
- lispbuilder-cal3d: bindings for Cal3D character animation
- lispbuilder-opengl: deprecated, use cl-opengl instead
- Note: OpenGL by itself does not provide windowing support; lispbuilder-sdl can be used with cl-opengl to provide windowing support for OpenGL
- lispbuilder-clawk: an implementation of awk
- lispbuilder-lexer: a flex-like lexer
- lispbuilder-yacc: a yacc-like parser
- lispbuilder-regex: for regular expressions
- lispbuilder-net: deprecated, use usocket instead
Win32 specific (windows.h)
Note: The packages above can be used separately. There is no need to install all Lispbuilder packages if, for example, you only want lispbuilder-sdl.
Download & Installation
All packages can be installed with Quicklisp.
Dependencies for lispbuilder-sdl must be installed separately; see the installation instructions details.