OSU CS Course Explorer
Wondering how hard your next class might be? Did other students think CS162 was a bloodbath, too? This app can tell you!
The OSU eCampus subreddit collects course reviews from real students into this spreadsheet, but the spreadsheet is large and hard to navigate. This app lets you view individual course reviews and aggregates difficulty ratings and time spent.
This project was generated with the Angular Full-Stack Generator version 4.2.2.
Building & Running
nvm use 12 to use version 12 of node. Gulp is on version 3 and is incompatible with more recent versions of node. I recommend using Node Version Manager to install and switch between versions of node.
npm install to install dependencies after switching to node 12.
For setup on a new machine:
heroku git:remote -a <your-project>
For subsequent runs:
gulp build for building and
gulp serve for preview on localhost:3000.
gulp buildcontrol:heroku to deploy to Heroku.
npm test to run the unit tests with karma.
- Updated to latest google-spreadsheets node package to keep up with current Google Spreadsheets API version
- There are now 1212 course reviews!
- Maintenance: Modernized node, updated packages, added a Google ad (sorry, this app costs money to run)
- New feature: "Common pairings", a new chart displaying the courses most frequently paired with a particular course as per the student-reported data
- New feature: "Group work", a short section describing the course's amount and type of group work (if any)
- Major bug fix: app now includes course reviews that co-exist on the same line in the spreadsheet. Switched to Google Spreadsheet package and improved the way rows are parsed. App now displays 658 reviews.
- App goes live with 330+ course reviews.
Thank you, everyone, for your feedback and interest in the Course Explorer!
© 2021 Mandi Burley