Home Field Advantage
Home Feld Advantage is a forum for users to share advice, tips, experiences, likes, dislikes or general feelings for the different professional sports stadiums in North America. Users can create a new comment in 4 different categories (General, Parking, Food, Fan Experience). Users can like a comment if they found it helpful. This app is still in development. I hope to add more stadiums for the different professional sports leagues and allow users to log in and create a profile in an effort to make the app secure.
- Node.js (see package.json for list of dependencies)
- Google Font: Anton
Because the API's I was hoping to use (ESPN) is no longer public, I basically had to create my own API (work-in-progress) that is a list of all of the professionals sports stadiums in North America (mainly the USA).
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
If you do not already have node.js installed on your computer, please visit https://nodejs.org/en/ to learn how to install it on your system.
- Create a directory and download all of the files for the app into that directory.
- in the command line of the terminal, navigate to the folder you have created and run
- Once all of the dependencies have been downloaded to your computer you can run the following command to initialize a local server on your machine:
- Open your web browser and type the following url into the address bar:
Instructions for Use
To download and run the App, install the package.json dependencies and seed your database with the data in the migrations folder.