Bicycle Parameters Module
A python program designed to produce and manipulate the basic parameters needed for the Whipple bicycle model.
- Python 2.7 or >= 3.3
- Numpy >= 1.6.1
- Scipy >= 0.9.0
- Matplotlib >= 1.1.1
- Uncertainties >= 2.0.0
- yeadon >= 1.1.0
- DynamicistToolKit >= 0.1.0
These are required to build the documentation:
The easiest method to download and install is with
$ pip install BicycleParameters
There are other options for getting the source code:
- Clone the source code with Git:
git clone git://github.com/moorepants/BicycleParameters.git
- Download the source from Github.
- Download the source from pypi.
Once you have the source code navigate to the directory and run:
>>> python setup.py install
This will install the software into your system and you should be able to import it with:
>>> import bicycleparameters
>>> import bicycleparameters as bp >>> import numpy as np >>> rigid = bp.Bicycle('Rigid') >>> par = rigid.parameters['Benchmark'] >>> rigid.plot_bicycle_geometry() >>> speeds = np.linspace(0., 10., num=100) >>> rigid.plot_eigenvalues_vs_speed(speeds)
Some sample data is included in the repository but a full source with all the raw data files can be downloaded from here:
Please refer to the online documentation for more information.
This material is partially based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0928339. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
- Support Python 3
- Commands using the state space form of the Whipple model have been reordered to [roll angle, steer angle, roll rate, steer rate]
- Added another rider's measurments.
- Added a module for printing tables of data.
- Added the Gyrobike and the ability to manage it's flywheel rigidbody.
- Fixed a bug in calculate_abc_geometry() that gave incorrect geometry values.
- Handles two additional points for the Davis Instrumented Bicycle.
- Added a child sized person based on scaling Charlie's measurements.
- Added Bode plot commands.
- Added nominal output options for several methods.
- Added a dependency to DynamicistToolKit
- Updated core dependencies to a minimum from the Ubuntu 12.04 release.
- Tested with DTK 0.1.0 to 0.3.5.
- Added Travis support.
- The minimum yeadon version is bumped to 1.1.1 and code updated to reflect the new yeadon api.
- The minimum version of uncertainties is bumped to 2.0.
- Speed increase for the eigenvalue calculations.
- Added measurements for the human configuration on some bikes.
- Fixed the tex related bug for the pendulum fit plots
- Fixed some import bugs affecting the split fork/handlebar calcs
- changed the default directory to .
- added pip install notes
- fixed urls in setup.py and the readme
- added version number to the package
- removed the human machine classifier
- reduced the size of the images in the docs
- broke bicycleparameters.py into several modules
- updated the documentation
- Initial release.