Put.io magnet: and .torrent Handler for OS X
Put.IO Adder is a small open source app for OS X, that registers as new handler for
magnet: URI schemes, so that every time you click on a magnet link, it will automatically add it to your put.io download queue.
Follow me on Twitter: @nicoSWD!
- Automatically add
.torrentfiles to your download queue by clicking on them
- Stream finished movies directly from the app (requires VLC to be installed in /Applications)
- View current transfers and their download status
- Double click transfers to open them on put.io
Notification Centernotifications on finished downloads
|put.io adder v3.0.4|
(Older releases can be found here)
- The app requires you to have a put.io account. They're
probablynot free anymore.
- The app requires Keychain Access to store put.io's OAuth Token. Denying access will prevent the app from working.
- To disable Notification Center, go to System Preferences -> Notifications -> Scroll to Put.IO Adder, and make your changes.
- There are three ways to upload
.torrentfiles to your account:
- Drag the .torrent file onto the app icon
- Make put.io adder your default handler for .torrent files
- Or right click the torrent and pick "Open with" > put.io adder
Please report issues you may encounter. Pull requests are also very welcome!
$ git clone --recursive email@example.com:nicoSWD/put.io-adder.git
All contributions are greatly appreciated. If you want to help, send a pull request, or open a new issue with a feature request.
Some ideas for improvement are:
- Check if put.io adder is the default handler for magnet links and torrent files on startup. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist needs to be parsed and/or modified for that. If it's not, an alert asking to change that should be fired.
- A "Default folder preference" option could be added.
- An option to download finished transfers to the computer through the app would be nice.
- A way to browse through existing files and folders on put.io.
- More languages.
- Settings could be moved to a new preference pane in System Preferences.
Design improvements. A way to stream finished files through the app. Authentication could be improved by adding a new custom URI scheme. When authenticating, the browser should open and go to put.io's authentication page, and a callback to something like putio://callback would open the app and pass over the OAuth token. Just like mikker's Putter app does.(Added in v2.7) Besides Notification Center, a badge could be added to the app icon, indicating the number of finished downloads. Or the download progress could be shown there.