Licensed under the MIT license.
RoR, Twitter Bootstrap, and others are licensed under their respective licenses.
Hospitium is the brain child of Apple Wood Rescue, a small animal rescue in Denver Colorado. Developed to fit the needs of the rescue, it has since been open sourced for anyone to use.
The software is completely free. You can modify it all you want and you can share it with anyone.
You can support the project by:
How to Install
1 - There are several dependencies on other apps/services:
- Ruby 2.1.1 and up
- Postgres: www.postgresql.org
- Memcache: Local usage
- Redis: Getting Started
- Juggernaut: it is used for real time edits; host it on Heroku following these instructions
- SendGrid: an account is required to send emails
- Bitly: an account is needed for link shortening ‒ more info
- Twitter: a developer account is required for twitter integration ‒ more info
- Facebook: a developer account is required for facebook integration ‒ more info
- S3: an account is used for asset hosting
2 - Setup the env variables
Learn how: Configuration and Config Vars
To use dotenv copy
.env and update any configs.
3 - Clone the git repository
$ git clone git://github.com/ninetwentyfour/Hospitium.git $ cd Hospitium $ bundle install
4 - Database
It must be called animal_development.
Change connection params in the
/config/database.yml, if needed.
$ rake db:create $ rake db:migrate $ rake db:seed
5 - Running
$ rails s
Visit localhost:3000 to test it.
6 - Sign in
- Login: admin
- Password: pleasechange
The dashboard can be found at localhost:3000/admin.
7 - Change your admin password
This is very important!
Change the organization name also if you so choose.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request