A fractal creator. Try it here.
TL;DR: I built this as an excuse to get really good at some stuff and create something cool.
This project has served as a platform for mastering several basic skills related to modern front-end web development. It gave me the room to get to the bottom of a variety engineering questions, both technical and practical, and, wherever possible, grasp the "right way" to do something. This includes:
- Design of small, focussed React components with clean semantics.
- Clean and efficient Redux state management using Redux Toolkit and React hooks.
- Comprehensive typing with TypeScript.
- CSS styling using Styled Components.
- Clean and responsive UI design using CSS3.
- Complete unit test coverage with Jest.
- Complete JSDoc code documentation.
- Fully linted code that is nice to look at.
- Scalable folder organization patterns.
- Clear and consistent naming patterns for self-documenting code.
My hope is that the implementation here remains a valuable reference for good practices for a while. Without maintenance, though, some things will inevitably age as the inexorable march of technology carries on.
Also fractals are super cool and I always wanted something like this to play with. So now I've built it. I hope you enjoy it!