Discord Translator Bot - Localization
This is the public localization project for Discord Translator - the most powerful translation bot for Discord.
Google Cloud Translate and
- Must be a member of the official nvu.io Discord server (
- Must have Poedit
- Must understand English
- General knowledge of Discord App and Discord terms
- Programming background
- Understanding of
- Experience with
How to Translate
- Download and Install Poedit
- Download/clone this reposity to your computer
- Create a folder with your locale code if it does not exist, for example
- Copy the files in the
en/folder to your locale folder
- Open the copied files with Poedit
- Translate all messages to your language
- Save files
- Create pull request or message us on the official Discord server if you do not know how to use Git
You may also use any Text/Code editor to edit the
.po files directly.
Some strings contain variables, these are not meant to be translated, keep them intact like the following example:
Hello %s, how are you? %d messages translated today.
Hallo %s, wie gehts? %d Nachrichten heute übersetzt.
%s refers to names/words (strings)
%d refers to numbers (digits)
Some messages may contain special formatting characters, such as
[word](%s), these are Markdown special characters, which styles words as bold, underline etc. Here are some examples of correct translation in these cases:
__Hello **%s**__, how are you [today](%s)?
__Hallo **%s**__, wie geht es dir [heute](%s)?
Some message strings contain a
context note to help you understand the meaning more clearly, for example:
context: user en: %s has been banned de: %s wurde gebannt
If no context is provided, you are advised to provide a general translation.
If your locale language translates
your to a specific gender, then please use the equivalent of
their for general/neutral addressing.
The commands strings in
commands.po must be translated as one word and all lowercase.
If one word is impossible, then you can use
- instead of spaces
Main English Texts
If you feel that the original English texts can be better, you are welcome to suggest improvements.
- Keep formatting intact
- Keep punctuation (
,.) and newlines (
- Use context when translating
- Gender-neutral translation
- Commands as lowercase and one word
If you are not sure what to do, you can join the official Discord server for discussions and guidance.