This patch release is intended to fix a number of issues with the application startup: the application startup and shutdown process has been re-worked, which introduces 2 new UI elements.
NB!! The source code linked to here is not the actual tagged release source code. Please contact Particl for source code information. The actual source code will be uploaded and made available after an appropriate interval of time has passed.
|BUILD||NETWORK||PARTICL CORE (MIN VERSION)||MARKETPLACE VERSION|
- Status messages are now displayed on the loading screen when starting up the application and switching between wallets. This should provide an indicator that the startup is proceeding, or that an error has occurred if something fails during startup.
- A closing modal is now displayed during the shutdown process while the application is shutting down.
- The application startup now checks for a running daemon before validating local particl-core binaries or even checking for valid versions. Fixes a long standing problem described in #892
- Fixes the regression with particl core cookie files: the application now properly determines when to read the daemon cookie file.
- Application startup is no longer dependent on timers polling for various states of activity. This should allow for minor startup performance improvements in many cases.
- Application shutdown now properly waits for the running daemon to close before closing the visual user interface. This removes the need to try estimate the waiting time of the application shut down, before it can be restarted, which is a particularly annoying issue on Windows. Fixes issues related to #1624
- The running application's taskbar icon is now removed immediately when the application begins shutting down, preventing a number of errors in attempting to make use of it while the shutdown process continues. See #1598 as an example.
- A single state application instance has been introduced: this means that the application no longer breaks in many cases when attempting to start more than one instance at a time. Attempting to start a second instance will simply switch to the current open/running instance.
- Testnet and mainnet versions of the application are now properly separated. This fixes reports of testnet installations overriding existing mainnet installs on some operating systems, and ensures that future testnet versions can be installed alongside existing mainnet releases.
- Fixes an issue where a newly created wallet was not changed to after successful creation (the default wallet would be loaded instead).
- Imports using CSV files now have an explicit indicator to inform the user of any failed imports.
- Fixes an issue with items in the cart not being displayed in some cases, requiring the user to clear the cart (with nothing visibly in the cart) in order to add items to it.
- For a new installation: in order to “activate” the open marketplace, the user needs to add a wallet named “Market” (any capitalization would work). The open marketplace is currently only available via the Particl Desktop on this wallet.
- There will be an automatic update to the latest supported particl-core version, if applicable, when the marketplace is launched.
- If using an encrypted marketplace wallet, the wallet needs to be unlocked in order to process buy and sell orders on the open marketplace. It is not necessary to unlock the wallet to process or browse listed items.
- The marketplace is still in on-going development, and thus is considered to be a Beta release.
- NB!! The source code linked to here is not the actual tagged release source code. Please contact Particl for source code information. The actual source code will be uploaded and made available after an appropriate interval of time has passed.
- Please only use the .dmg file to install the application for Mac OSX 10.15 or greater. The .app file extracted from the zip package does not currently run on OSX 10.15 (although it should work correctly on 10.14 (Mojave) or earlier)
LINUX: 7b2cc1537e85d68e525563fa3120ea859d3d41e5b7b0c740888fadd35388c02a particl-desktop-2.3.2-linux-amd64.deb a72b838f9c33ea8607bac089e665ecd4c3816996ff4eee483fef18e810acb2cd particl-desktop-2.3.2-linux-x64.zip ec0aad516b83198f79468e72ed5662fa67a477efcd101d1f8294a0ea8ce3f20a particl-desktop-2.3.2-linux-x86_64.rpm WINDOWS: d60937833a9cd747a1924cb2164d096d5ce2961f62bf3b645b62b4ac72dad063 particl-desktop-2.3.2-win.exe 78e50fd85e7eca1285822df066aca20ba5e26d5415883ce7b8bcf1f2223832f6 particl-desktop-2.3.2-win-ia32.zip dd6312e230417c1fdb032528b4a0c9ee8e9dc75e6d6539dfa8fbeaceec7eb6f2 particl-desktop-2.3.2-win-x64.zip OS X: Any version, including 10.15 (Catalina) or greater 02a4c267bf832628c25cd902142af2ccb2e45eccde32c0c80c7f8b133e562e2e particl-desktop-2.3.2-mac.dmg Can only be used on 10.14 (Mojave) or earlier 531050b0ab691ae21dc9df8d477570c59696aa58fec987c90198b8c4f96c2bc5 particl-desktop-2.3.2-mac.zip