PicoTorrent v0.15 comes with a few fixes and also brings back the feature to move completed downloads which was forgotten in the wxWidgets rewrite. Sorry about that! There has also been a few fixes to resolving paths which are based on the crash dumps that gets sent, so keep sending crash dumps. They help!
It also comes with the option to encrypt the configuration file. This can be enabled from the advanced preferences panel, and is recommended.
- Encrypt the configuration file. (#600)
- Move completed downloads. (#590)
- Set OK as default button in add torrent dialog. (#588)
- Use correct directory for configuration file when running as portable. (#584)
v0.14.2 fixes a few more issues with UTF8 encoding as well as brings back the Remove torrent and files option to the torrent context menu.
- Fix Open in Explorer for UTF8 encoded paths.
- Fix taskbar progress calculation.
- Add the missing Remove torrent and files menu item.
- Fix UTF8 encoding for torrent files when adding torrents.
- Update Finnish translation.
v0.14.1 of PicoTorrent comes with a few bug fixes and language improvements.
I've focused this release on fixing the most common errors reported from the built-in crash reporter dialog. This dialog attaches a minidump and sends to a central API for processing and analysis, so it really helps when you choose to send the error report
Here's the rundown,
- Fixed a few places where UTF8 strings where not shown correctly.
- Fixed a crash where the add torrent dialog would crash because it had no torrents to show.
- Added null-checks to fix a few crashes where we assumed non-null.
- Added an empty hidden column at the end of each list view to not have the last "real" column stretch.
- Updated French translation.
- Updated German translation.
- Updated Portuguese translation.
Finally, PicoTorrent 0.14 is here! It's been a long time since the last release, almost ten months, but I think the wait has been worth it.
This version of PicoTorrent is rebuilt on top of wxWidgets which is a cross-platform GUI library. It uses native controls on each platform, and will allow us to advance towards our cross-platform goal. PicoTorrent is still tiny, and has lots of performance.
This release of PicoTorrent has been super delayed, but is finally here! It consists of a lot of bug fixes and enhancements.
At a glance
- The peer list view now shows the peer progress in a progress bar. (#434)
- The torrent list view now shows the actual size to download for torrents where not all files are selected. (#439)
- We have updated Boost, OpenSSL and Rasterbar-libtorrent to newer versions. (#437)
- Save configuration to disk when closing the Preferences dialog. (#433)
- Use the UI language as a default language (instead of the regional). (#377)
- Column sorting and reordering now works as it should. (#436)
- Show a warning message if the user enters an invalid regular expression when filtering files. (#442)
This is not a complete list, and there has been a lot of language file improvements as well! Many thanks to all contributors!
You can now buy PicoTorrent in the Windows Store. It's available for $4.99 and it's an easy way to support development. Of course, PicoTorrent will always be available free of charge both here and on the website
This version of PicoTorrent sees a bunch of new features, mostly regarding the flow in the user interface but also the WebSocket functionality which is back as a plugin!
At a glance
- Added a WebSocket plugin to provide real-time updates for connected clients (#350)
- The Add torrent dialog is now resizable, and also contains filters for including and excluding files (#357)
- Added an option to start PicoTorrent maximized (#365)
- The torrent file list can now be sorted (#369)
- Updated the Russian translation (#354)
- Grammar fixes in the German translation (#368)
- Added an option in the configuration file to allow enabling the anonymous mode (#355)
This is a small bug fix update which solves an issue where PicoTorrent 0.11 searched for data files in the wrong directory.
It's been a long time since the last release, but finally, here's 0.11 for all your BitTorrent needs. This new version has been refactored almost from the ground up and contains a brand new plugin API as well as a lot of bug fixes and other features.
- Validate rate limits (#273)
- Fix a crash when opening an invalid torrent file from Windows Explorer (#276)
- Fix an access violation exception on Windows 7 (#343)
- Major refactor, easing development (#324)
- Added a brand new plugin API (#330)
- Moved update checking to a plugin (#330)
- Added a new Importer plugin which helps new users migrate torrents from existing torrent applications (#333)
- Added a privacy page with encryption options (#335)
- Added an option to move completed downloads to a specified directory (#336)
- Added ability to enable and disable DHT and LSD (#337)
- Extended notification area configuration (#338)
A month in the works, this release of PicoTorrent brings a whole lot to the table. Most notably the WebSocket API which allows developers to write remote clients to monitor PicoTorrent. The API is read-only for now, which means you cannot pause/resume/add/remove torrents, just observe.
Other features includes a cross-platform core, which is always nice to have. This means we get warnings and validation from another compiler, in this case GCC.
- PicoTorrentCore now successfully builds on GCC. (#230)
- PicoTorrent now has a permanent peer ID (
- Show warning if a user tries to add a torrent already in the session. (#235)
- All dialogs are now centered horizontally on their parent. (#237)
- Add an overview page to the torrent details dialog. (#239)
- Add a WebSocket API. (#238)
- Add a storage mode option to the add torrent dialog. (#244)
- Add a ratio column to the torrent list view. (#245)
- Updated German translation. (#225)
- Center text in progress bar display. (#229)
- Restore OpenSSL to support HTTPS trackers. (#236)
- Refactored how PicoTorrent is initialized with default values and paths. (#247, #251)
- Refactored configuration. (#252)
- Use dynamic linking for all dependencies. (#250)
- Add Finnish translation. (#241)
PicoTorrent 0.9 contains mostly bug fixes but also updates Rasterbar-libtorrent to the latest version as well as removing OpenSSL to bring down file size. OpenSSL can be used in conjunction with Rasterbar-libtorrent to support SSL torrents, however PicoTorrent did not provide the means to actually use SSL torrents so the dependency was removed.
The release also links statically against the MSVC runtime, removing the need to install the runtime separately. This greatly improves portability and users running the portable version should be pleasantly surprised!
- Remove OpenSSL dependency. (#224)
- Link statically against the MSVC runtime. (#224)
- Updated to the latest Rasterbar-libtorrent version. (#224)
- The peers and trackers view did not remove items when needed. (#215)
- Actually include all languages in the installer bundle. (#217)
- Removed a dependency on a
HWNDin the BitTorrent session, improving portability later on. (#216)
- Fixed an issue with the single instance detection. (#219)
- Fixed an issue with DPI scaling. (#223)