Paella Player For Opencast
This is the Paella player bundled for Opencast.
Paella is now integrated into opencast. Opencast 5.x will have paella as a (optional) player.
As paella bundle is now in opencast tree, paella opencast bundle development will be in opencast github repository (https://github.com/opencast/opencast).
Paella has been specially designed for lecture recordings, and currently is the default video player of the Opencast Community. It works with all HTML5 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge) and within iOS and Android.
If you want to use the Paella player, but do not use Opencast, try the standalone version.
- Split-screen player for viewing video and slide content simultaneously
- Unlimited number of simultaneous video streams
- Zoom in any video window
- Automatic slide index
- Heat maps indicate sections of content most often watched
- Multiple quality adaptive Streaming support with HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) or MPEG-DASH
- Live Streaming support
- Multiple language captions
- Support for multiple audio tracks
- REST APIs make it easy to extend to or integrate
- Easy customization and localization of the player interface
- ARIA support
Build and Install
To build Paella Player for Opencast, please read the documentation.