Font Awesome Icons
Contributors: @rachelbaker, @BFTrick, @Taylor4484, @tommarshall, @rscarvalho
Tags: icons, font-awesome, font icon, UI, icon font, bootstrap
Requires at least: 3.9
Tested up to: 4.3
Stable tag: 4.2
License: GPLv3 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Enables easy use of the Font Awesome icon font set from within WordPress. Icons can be inserted using either HTML, shortcode, or a built-in TinyMCE plugin.
Font Awesome is a pictographic font set of 361 icons. The icons are infinitely scalable and screen reader compatible.
A full list of the 361 Font Awesome icons is available: FontAwesomeIconsCheatsheet.pdf
To use any of the Font Awesome icons on your WordPress site you have three options:
All code examples on the Font Awesome site apply: http://fontawesome.io/examples/
<i class="fa fa-pencil"></i>
<i class="fa fa-phone"></i>
Chevron left icon
<i class="fa fa-chevron-left"></i>
Don't want to worry about HTML tags? You can use a shortcode in your posts, pages and even widgets to display a Font Awesome icon.
The shortcode to use is
[icon name=name-of-icon], where name=X is the class of the icon you would like to use.
Chevron left icon
Select the icon you would like to add to your post or page content from the Glyphs drop-down menu in the Visual Editor.
Upload Font Awesome Icons to the
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Use one of the three usage methods (HTML, Shortcode, or TinyMCE plugin) within the content of your posts or pages.
Use either the HTML or Shortcode methods inside your text widgets.
- Updated font and CSS files to Font Awesome 4.3.0 release. (Thanks to @jeezy7rwd)
- Updated font and CSS files to Font Awesome 3.2.1 release. (Thanks to @tommarshall)
- Updated build/icons.yml file for reference. (Thanks to @tommarshall)
- Updated reference PDF file with Font Awesome 3.2.1 icons. (Thanks to @tommarshall)
- Added TinyMCE editor plugin, making it possible for the user to select font awesome glyphs from a drop-down list within the content editor. (Thanks @rscarvalho)
- Added version number constant to cache bust assets for future plugin updates. (Thanks @rscarvalho)
- Updated font and CSS files to Font Awesome 3.1 release. (Thanks to @Taylor4484)
- Updated reference urls to new Font Awesome URL. (Thanks to @Taylor4484)
- Added build/icons.yml file for reference. (Thanks to @BFTrick)
- Updated reference PDF file with Font Awesome 3.1 icons.
Updated font and CSS files to Font Awesome 3.0 release.
Added IE7 conditional stylesheet
Created and enabled shortcode
Upcoming Versions Wishlist
- Add TinyMCE button to allow easy insertation of Font Awesome icon
Font Awesome webfont and associated code are licensed under CC BY 3.0 and is a production of @fortaweso_me, by Dave Gandy.
License: Copyright (C) 2013 Rachel Baker
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.