Hi, I am Rob 👋
I do DevOps-y stuff, mostly with C# and Azure/Azure DevOps/GitHub. As a job I am a DevOps consultant and (GitHub) Trainer at Xpirit.
I experiment with a lot of this stuff here on GitHub, and blog about it here.
The dog in my profile photo is our Labrador named "Flynn".
🔗 Connect with me
💗 Sponsor me
You can sponsor me using GitHub sponsors or Ko-fi!
🍵 Latest blog posts
- Dependabot alerts triaging in GitHub
- Get alerts from GitHub Advanced Security for Azure DevOps
- Slides for Developer Week '23
- Cleaning up files changed by a GitHub Action that runs in a container
- Writing to the $GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY with the core npm package
GitHub Actions Internal Marketplace 🍵
To create an internal marketplace for your org I've created guidance in this blogpost and created multiple repositories that can help:
- Internal Markplace Website: repo
- Keeping your forks up to date: repo
- Loading the actions from your internal marketplace: repo
- Loading the actions used in your organization: repo
- Request actions to be added to your internal actions marketplace: repo
Project that (tries to) keep the current overall state for these projects visible: link
I am a LinkedIn Learning instructor building out the courses I have at the platform sharing my knowledge on the topics. They are available for you to learn more on:
More courses are on the way!
Community | GDBC 🦦
I have helped out with the Global DevOps Bootcamp (link), mostly with automating stuff and setting up the infrastructure we need each year. In the 2019 edition we had over 10.000 attendees spread out all over the world, spending their free Saturday with our platform getting hands-on experience on DevOps topics. For the 2020 edition I've started vlogging about the relevant information/announcements/background stuff here and I have spoken about the event and platform for it several times. The session on DevOps Fest 2020 was recorded here.
Find out more about my upcoming conferences on my blog.
Work | Xpirit 🔨
In my day job I work for Xpirit link as a DevOps consultant and Trainer, helping our customers with whatever they need regarding development. Whether it's training, finding out some obscure issues, setting up their CI/CD pipelines, or helping them on their way to implement more DevOps patterns and practices, I help them with it.
Some of the trainings I give regularly:
- GitHub for Developers
- GitHub Actions Fundamentals
- GitHub Advanced Security