Regula Document Reader (Android version)
Regula Document Reader SDK allows you to read various kinds of identification documents, passports, driving licenses, ID cards, etc. All processing is performed completely offline on your device. No any data leaving your device.
You can use native camera to scan the documents or image from gallery for extract all data from it.
We have provided a simple application that demonstrates the API calls you can use to interact with the Document Reader Library.
- How to build the demo application
- Troubleshooting license issues
- Additional information
How to build the demo application
- Visit licensing.regulaforensics.com to get a trial license (
regula.licensefile). The license creation wizard will guide you through the necessary steps.
Note: optionally, you can also download the documents database (
db.dat file) to add it to the project manually and use the app without the Internet. Otherwise, it'll be downloaded from the Internet while the app is running.
- Download and install the latest Android Studio.
- Download or clone current repository using the command
git clone https://github.com/regulaforensics/DocumentReader-Android.git.
- Launch Android Studio and select Open an existing Android Studio project, then select DocumentReader-sample or DocumentReader-sample_kotlin project in the file browser.
- Download additional files proposed by Android Studio to build the project (e.g., build tools).
- Change the application ID in the
/app/build.gradlefile to the one you have specified during the registration at licensing.regulaforensics.com (
com.regula.documentreaderis set by default).
- Copy the
regula.licensefile to the
/app/src/main/res/rawfolder. If the database has been downloaded manually, place it to the
- Build and run the application.
Troubleshooting license issues
If you have issues with license verification when running the application, please verify that next is true:
- The OS, which you use, is specified in the license (Android).
- The application ID, which you use, is specified in the license.
- The license is valid (not expired).
- The date and time on the device, where you run the application, are valid.
- You use the latest release version of the Document Reader SDK.
- You placed the license into the project.
The documentation on the SDK can be found here.
To use our SDK in your own app you have to purchase a commercial license.