isk-daemon is an open source database server capable of adding content-based (visual) image searching to any image related website or software.
This technology allows users of any image-related website or software to sketch on a widget which image they want to find and have the website reply to them the most similar images or simply request for more similar photos at each image detail page.
A desktop version of this technology is available as the open-source imgSeek project.
- Query for images similar to one already indexed by the database, returning a similarity degree for the images on database that most resemble the target query image;
- Query for images similar to one described by its signature. A client-side widget may generate such signature from what a user sketched and submit it to the daemon;
- Network interface for easy integration with other web or desktop applications: XML-RPC, SOAP;
- Fast indexing of images one-by-one or in batch;
- Associate keywords to images and perform image-similarity queries filtering by keywords;
- Quickly remove images from database one-by-one or in batch;
- Built-in web-based admin interface with statistics and ad-hoc maintenance commands/API testing;
- Optimized image processing code (implemented in C++).
Here is a quick guide to build from a cloned git repo. You may want to
sudo all these commands if you have permission errors.
I assume you know how to build from source and have all build tools (most are installed on the next steps) and libraries installed for your system.
##Ubuntu Quick Start
This one is tested with Ubuntu 14.12
Install prerequisited if they're not on your system already:
apt-get install swig ImageMagick libmagick++-dev python-dev
cd to ./src and run:
python setup.py install
##MacOS Quick Start
Go to http://brew.sh and install
brew install swig
brew install ImageMagick
brew install pkg-config
Cd to ./iskdaemon/src/ and run
python setup.py install
Alternatively, you can try it with
imgSeek and isk-daemon portions copyright Ricardo Niederberger Cabral (ricardo.cabral at imgseek.net).
Image loading code is credited to "ImageMagick Studio LLC" and library linkage adheres to statements on ImageMagick-License.txt
Support or Donate
Help on improving this software is needed, feel free to submit patches to either the documentation or code. Thanks!
Money donations are also welcome: