isk-daemon is an open source database server capable of adding content-based (visual) image searching to any image related website or software.
This technology allows users of any image-related website or software to sketch on a widget which image they want to find and have the website reply to them the most similar images or simply request for more similar photos at each image detail page.
A desktop version of this technology is available as the open-source imgSeek project.
- Query for images similar to one already indexed by the database, returning a similarity degree for the images on database that most resemble the target query image;
- Query for images similar to one described by its signature. A client-side widget may generate such signature from what a user sketched and submit it to the daemon;
- Network interface for easy integration with other web or desktop applications: XML-RPC, SOAP;
- Fast indexing of images one-by-one or in batch;
- Associate keywords to images and perform image-similarity queries filtering by keywords;
- Quickly remove images from database one-by-one or in batch;
- Built-in web-based admin interface with statistics and ad-hoc maintenance commands/API testing;
- Optimized image processing code (implemented in C++).
Here is a quick guide to build from a cloned git repo. You may want to
sudo all these commands if you have permission errors.
I assume you know how to build from source and have all build tools (most are installed on the next steps) and libraries installed for your system.
Ubuntu Quick Start
This one is tested with Ubuntu 14.12
Install prerequisited if they're not on your system already:
apt-get install swig ImageMagick libmagick++-dev python-dev
cd to ./src and run:
python setup.py install
MacOS Quick Start
Go to http://brew.sh and install
brew install swig
brew install ImageMagick
brew install pkg-config
Cd to ./iskdaemon/src/ and run
python setup.py install
Alternatively, you can try it with
imgSeek and isk-daemon portions copyright Ricardo Niederberger Cabral (ricardo.cabral at imgseek.net).
Image loading code is credited to "ImageMagick Studio LLC" and library linkage adheres to statements on ImageMagick-License.txt
Support or Donate
Help on improving this software is needed, feel free to submit patches to either the documentation or code. Thanks!
Money donations are also welcome: