Flo Water Control for Home Assistant
Support for Flo Smart water monitoring and control device for Home Assistant. Flo is typically installed on the main water supply line and has sensors for flow rate, pressure, and temperature as well as shut off capabilities. Water shut off can be done manually, remotely, as well as automatically by Flo's emergency monitoring service when a leak is detected.
- sensors: water flow rate (gpm), water pressure (psi), water temperature (°F)
- switching water supply on/off
- multiple Flo devices and locations
- changing the FloSense water leak monitoring mode (home, away, sleep)
Visit the Home Assistant community if you need help with installation and configuration of Flo.
The 'master' branch of this custom component is considered unstable, alpha quality and not guaranteed to work. Please make sure to use one of the official release branches when installing using HACS, see what has changed in each version.
Step 1: Install Flo Custom Components
Easiest installation is by setting up Home Assistant Community Store (HACS), and then adding the "Integration" repository: rsnodgrass/hass-flo-water.
However you can also manually copy all the files in flo/ directory to
/config/custom_components/flo on your Home Assistant installation.
Step 2: Configure Sensors
flo: username: email@example.com password: your_flo_password
Step 3: Add Lovelace Card
The following is a simplest Lovelace card which shows data from the Flo sensors:
type: entities entities: - entity: sensor.flo_water_flow_rate - entity: sensor.flo_water_pressure - entity: sensor.flo_water_temperature
Alternatively, Lovelace example with gauges that turn colors when pressure or flow rate is high:
cards: - type: gauge name: Water Pressure entity: sensor.flo_water_pressure max: 100 severity: green: 0 yellow: 70 red: 80 - type: gauge name: Flow Rate entity: sensor.flo_water_flow_rate max: 15 severity: green: 0 yellow: 10 red: 12 - type: gauge name: Temp entity: sensor.flo_water_temperature max: 75 type: horizontal-stack
More complex cards can be created, for example the following shows both the basic entities card as well as a card built with mini-graph-card (see flo/lovelace/ folder for example cards):
- Community support for Home Assistant Flo sensor
- Check price of Flo water monitoring device on Amazon.com
- Flo by Moen (official product page)
- 15% OFF purchases of Flo
- BUG: Flo accounts with multiple houses currently don't work. Only a single Flo device per account
- BUG: does not yet support the Flo v2 API
- support metric unit system (liter, C, kPa)
- auto-create a pressure sensor for status of water flow (Ok, Warning, Critical)
Other ideas (no plans to add currently):
- support triggering the system test of a Flo device
- support leak detection sensitivity settings (all, small, bigger, biggest)
- support FloSense alerts (leaks detected)
- total water usage for the day/week
- support Flo's fixtures beta feature breaking down usage by type (e.g. toilets, appliances, faucet, irrigation, etc)
- automatically turn on Away mode for water control system when house goes into Away mode (and vice-a-versa)
- pre-warm heated towel rack when shower flow rate is detected
- toilet flush detection as an occupancy sensor (e.g. disable Away modes)