C++ Encryption Project
- Completed Tasks
- Rewrote essential functions (now in working order)
- Proper input validation
- Inputting a character or string when int was desired would break functions and application. Now characters and strings are handled with a (!cin) exception - forcing it to clear error flags and ignore inappropriate cin buffer.
- Proper error handling
- Input of a number out of menu range informs user of error and returns to top of function.
- Input of a char or string informs user of error and returns to top of function
- Moved local variables to private data as needed.
- Addressed function overload issue by including overload in prototype functions
- Wrote clear_screen() function:
- Determines compiler's architecture to clear_screen between function calls regardless of Windows or Linux environment.
- Wrote sleep() function:
- Creates a timed pause after error to display error message prior to clear of screen and returning to function top.
- Replaced menu if/if else/else with switch for better error handling.
- Reorganized bruteforce() function to what is expected of assignment requirements
- Included lowercase/uppercase support
- Added transposition offset prompt