SputnikVM: Rust Ethereum Virtual Machine Implementation
- Standalone - can be launched as an independent process or integrated into other apps
- Universal - supports different Ethereum chains, such as ETC, ETH or private ones
- Stateless - only an execution environment connected to independent State storage
- Fast - main focus is on performance
- written in Rust, can be used as a binary, cargo crate or shared library
Ensure you have at least
rustc 1.51.0 (2fd73fabe 2021-03-23). Rust 1.50.0 and
before are not supported.
Build from sources
SputnikVM is written in Rust. If you are not familiar with Rust please see the getting started guide.
To start working with SputnikVM you'll need to install rustup, then you can do:
$ git clone email@example.com:rust-blockchain/evm.git $ cd evm $ cargo build --release --all