My fork of @alamgird's angular-starter project.
Things I've added / changed:
- Changed directory structure and components declarations to better align with Todd Motto's style guide
- Switched to using ui-router
- Added a more advanced example of a component and service, with testing (see
- Using ng-annotate
- Added uglification and minification to production build
- Added linting
- Changed karma reporting to 'spec' style
- Added ability to debug tests in firefox
See below for the original project's list of features:
- Heavily commented webpack configuration with reasonable defaults.
- ES6, and ES7 support with babel.
- Source maps included in all builds.
- Development server with live reload.
- Production builds with cache busting.
- Testing environment using karma to run tests and jasmine as the framework.
- Code coverage when tests are run.
- No gulp and no grunt, just npm scripts.
Warning: Make sure you're using the latest version of Node.js and NPM
Clone/Download the repo from git
# clone repo $ git clone https://github.com/sJhonny-e/extended-angular-starter.git my-app # change directory to your app $ cd my-app # install the dependencies with npm $ npm install # start the server $ npm start
Go to http://localhost:8080 in your browser.
Table of Contents
What you need to run this app:
- Ensure you're running Node (
v4.1.x+) and NPM (
npm installto install all dependencies
Running the app
After you have installed all dependencies you can now run the app with:
It will start a local server using
webpack-dev-server which will watch, build (in-memory), and reload for you. The port will be displayed to you as
- single run:
npm run build
- build files and watch:
npm run watch
1. Unit Tests
- single run:
- live mode (TDD style):
npm run test-watch
- live mode in firefox (for debugging):
npm run test:firefox